We at Family Tradition Treestands honor and respect the guiding principles that have been at the heart of our success. We are in business to make the best line of treestands on the market. We take great pride that we buy our supplies and manufacture our stands where we live and hunt – right here in the USA.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we want to make sure your hunting experience is a positive one. Quality, Comfort and Durability is what you will think of when you recall your hunt from a Family Tradition Treestand!
We start out by ordering 21’ long tubes from American tube manufacturers to our specifications which includes a layer of galvanizing for rust protection. Also, we use tubular steel for its superior structural strength when compared to square stock tubing.
After a quality control inspection to ensure the tubing conforms to our standards we cut to length and bend it for the upcoming production run of a particular model.
Our craftsmen then fabricate each component in our newly expanded fabrication shop.
The last step in production is powder coating and our partner has a massive operation. We utilize custom-mixed powder which incorporates texture making our layer of powder coating thicker and much more durable than normal powder coating.
Design and Engineering Innovation
- Our designs result in extremely strong and rigid structures. We use a special engineered system we call Radius Flow Technology. “RFT” allows Family Tradition Treestands unequaled rigidity at a very low weight to strength ratio in addition to maximum strength at critical stress points.
- Our most popular ladderstands are built from 100% welded designs. When delivered you receive a completely assembled top section and two ladder sections with only 19 or 20 nuts/bolts for total assembly. This adds unequaled strength and rigidity to our tree stands.
- Beginning in 1992 we were the first to use a double rail system on the ladder portions of our ladder stands. This results in a much stronger treestand than competitors designs.
- Our ultra-rigid ladderstands do not require horizontal bracing bars from the ladder to tree for support. You can set up to hunt in a fraction of the time needed with other stands without sacrificing safety.
- We were the first in the industry to implement condensation drain holes in our designs.
- Our hang-on stand incorporates heavy duty 1,900# tensile strength chain enclosed in a rubber sleeve to support the standing platform.
- Our tripod stands are built with fully welded platforms for unequaled rigidity.
- All stands come standard with 3,300# breaking strength ratchet straps.
- We use grade 8 bolts and nylon lock-nuts on all structural connections.
- We have incorporated our industry exclusive Ergonomic Support System or “ESS”. You will not need foam cushions or pads with a Family Tradition Stand. Our seats are designed to take the load off your spinal column, back, hips and legs resulting in less fatigue and much more comfort. Less fatigue means more time in the stand as you wait for the big Bucks to pass by. Our seating is exclusive to our designs and is unequaled in fit & comfort.
- Certified to the Treestand Manufacturers Association standards.